From:
Hangartner Dominik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:28:49 +0000
Dear all,

Please find below a job ad for an Executive Director for our research group at ETH Zurich. Many thanks for forwarding this to interested (current and former) students and colleagues! I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Best,

Dominik

===================

The Public Policy Group and the Immigration Policy Lab at the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, ETH Zurich, invite applications for a Lab Director (100%).

About Us

Our research group<http://pp.ethz.ch/> employs field and natural experimental methods to quantify the impact of immigration and integration policies in Europe and other migrant receiving or sending regions. The goal of the research program is to generate rigorous empirical evidence about what works and what does not when it comes to immigration and integration, and design policies to improve the lives of immigrants and host communities. Our interdisciplinary team of faculty, researchers, data scientists and program managers work in a highly collaborative environment where we partner with practitioners and policymakers in the field to drive policy evaluation and innovation.

About the Position

The Lab Director will design, oversee and coordinate the group’s strategic vision and research agenda in collaboration with Professor Dominik Hangartner. The Lab Director will be in charge of the overall governance and management of the Lab as well as its funding, external relations, communication and impact strategy. The Lab Director will work closely with faculty, staff and affiliates of the Zurich and Stanford branch of the Immigration Policy Lab, lead a team of program managers, data scientists and research assistants, manage and develop the partnership network with nonprofit organizations, international organizations and government agencies, co-author funding proposals and scientific articles, and communicate complex social science findings to a diverse audience.

The initial appointment will be for two years beginning in Fall 2020, with an expected renewal for several years to come, contingent on satisfactory performance. Salary will be very competitive and in line with ETH standards.

Qualifications

The ideal candidate should fit one of these profiles: (i) an advanced degree in economic or social sciences such as an MBA or master’s degree and several years of work experience in coordinating collaborative multi-stakeholder projects in the corporate or non-profit sector or (ii) a very strong research background including a PhD in economic or social sciences and relevant experience in managing multi-stakeholder projects.

Excellent scientific writing and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to synthesize research in an easily understandable manner. Experience with team management, knowledge of quantitative social science methods, and immigration and integration policy are desirable. Proficiency in in English is essential, proficiency in German is highly desirable.

How to Apply

We look forward to receiving your online application<https://www.jobs.ethz.ch/job/view/JOPG_ethz_TBLjvCu1zmAOW9aQEv>, including a cover letter, CV, graduate school transcripts, and a writing sample. Additional materials and references may be requested at a later date. Only applications submitted through our online application portal<https://emea2.softfactors.com/job-opening/rgum-TBLjvCu1zmAOW9aQEv#/?lang=en> are accepted. Application review will begin on August 30th, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.

For further information about the position please contact the head of the group, Dominik Hangartner, by email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (Subject: ETH Lab Director).

   Editor:  Erin Rossiter  <[log in to unmask]>