From:
Samuel Baltz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Samuel Baltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2024 17:01:13 -0400
Hello,

I'd like to announce that an article collection in the Nature journal
*Scientific
Data* is soliciting submissions describing new datasets related to politics
and elections. I have included the collection description below, and more
information is available here: https://www.nature.com/collections/aihaijdgge.
Please don't hesitate to direct any questions to me ([log in to unmask])
and/or my co-editors Soubhik Barari ([log in to unmask]) and Jose M.
PavĂ­a ([log in to unmask]).

Trust in election processes and government function are vital to democratic
> society, with the need to perform and disseminate research into their
> workings crucial for improving our understanding and awareness of
> democratic functions. However, access to data at sufficient levels of
> privacy, granularity and temporal/regional specificity can very across
> jurisdictions, limiting our ability to such conduct studies. This article
> Collection aims to showcase recent efforts in election and political
> science data creation, describing datasets sourced from primary government
> data sources or quantitative research methods with the aim of advancing
> areas such as of policy, political engagement and other fields.

- Samuel