From:
Eleanor Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2019 21:25:48 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

  I'm delighted to say that I'll be hosting the 2020 Congress & History Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Madison this summer!  This year's conference will be held on June 3-5, 2020.  We welcome submissions on both contemporary and historical topics from all methodological perspectives.  These topics could include legislative representation (including those focused on race or gender), legislative procedure, impeachment, congressional committees, parties, etc.  I especially want to encourage junior scholars (faculty and graduate students) and first-time attendees.  This small (~50 person) conference is a wonderful way to receive constructive feedback on your work and get to know the community of scholars working on legislative politics.  Scholars from historically under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply!  In addition, for the first time this year we'll be adding a small poster session for graduate students to present their work.  The University of Wisconsin-Madison will provide funding to cover all lodging and travel (up to $500) for presenters, though we'd appreciate folks who are able to do so using their own research funds so that we can stretch our dollars further to invite more people.  The deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.  Here's a link to the application form: https://forms.gle/RTjujugR8QE4dqCB9 .

  Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.  I'll hope to see you all in Madison this summer!

Best,
  Ellie

______

Eleanor Neff Powell

Booth Fowler Associate Professor of Political Science

University of Wisconsin-Madison

http://www.eleanorneffpowell.com<http://www.eleanorneffpowell.com/>