From:
"Box-Steffensmeier, Janet M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2019 19:25:00 +0000
Dear PolMeth Colleagues,

We are excited to have two job openings in the Political Science Dept at The Ohio State University. Please see below and I am always happy to have a conversation about the dept, college, university, and the city of Columbus.

Best wishes,

Jan

https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14426

Department: Political Science Position: American Political Institutions Rank: Assistant Professor

Description: The Department of Political Science at the Ohio State University seeks to hire in American politics, one of its traditional areas of strength. The candidate should study political institutions, policy making processes, and/or representational outcomes, and should have a high degree of conceptual and methodological sophistication. We particularly encourage applicants with innovative approaches to studying important democratic questions, including but not limited to the use of novel data, original techniques for causal inference, and/or field or lab experiments. Candidates must show promise of excellence in research and teaching and potential for attracting external funding.

Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a PhD in political science or expect to have the degree in hand by August 2020. Appointment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to a criminal background check.

About Columbus: The Ohio State University campus is located in Columbus, the capital city of Ohio. Columbus is the Midwest’s fastest-growing city and the nation’s 14th largest city. Columbus offers a diverse array of welcoming neighborhoods and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Additional information about all that the Columbus area has to offer is available at https://visit.osu.edu/experience.

Application Instructions: Apply to Academic Jobs Online. A complete application includes a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, publication list, job market paper, other papers or chapters, unofficial graduate transcript, three reference letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site), and a diversity statement that addresses the candidate’s past efforts, as well as future plans, to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in their scholarship, teaching, and service.

Review of applications will begin on October 1st and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries may be directed to Vladimir Kogan at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. The university is a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC).

The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.

Application Materials Required: Submit the following items online at this website:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Teaching Statement, Diversity Statement, Publication List, Example of research, Other papers or chapters, Unofficial Graduate Transcript, Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site)

https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14427

Department: Political Science Position: Politics of Race, Gender, and Ethnicity in American Politics Rank: Assistant Professor

Description: The Department of Political Science at the Ohio State University seeks to hire in the Politics of Race, Gender and Politics, or Ethnicity in American politics. We particularly encourage applicants with innovative approaches to studying important democratic questions, including but not limited to the use of novel data, original techniques for causal inference, and/or field or lab experiments, and they should have a high degree of theoretical and methodological sophistication. Candidates must show promise of excellence in research and teaching and potential for attracting external funding.

This position is part of a Faculty Cluster Hiring Initiative by the College of Arts and Sciences at The Ohio State University to increase diversity in our professorial ranks, foster an inclusiveness, and promote research and teaching on topics central to racial, ethnic, gender, and sexual orientation.

Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a PhD in political science or expect to have the degree in hand by August of 2020. Appointment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to a criminal background check.

About Columbus: The Ohio State University campus is located in Columbus, the capital city of Ohio. Columbus is the Midwest’s fastest-growing city and the nation’s 14th largest city. Columbus offers a diverse array of welcoming neighborhoods and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Additional information about all that the Columbus area has to offer is available at https://visit.osu.edu/experience.

Application Instructions: Apply to Academic Jobs Online. A complete application includes a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, publication list, examples of research, other papers or chapters, unofficial graduate transcript, three reference letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site), and a diversity statement that addresses the candidate’s past efforts, as well as future plans, to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in their scholarship, teaching, and service.

Review of applications will begin on October 1st and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries may be directed to William Minozzi at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually vibrant and diverse environment of exceptional faculty, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. The university is a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC).

The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.

Application Materials Required: Submit the following items online at this website:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Teaching Statement, Diversity Statement, Publication List, Job Market Paper, Other papers or chapters, Unofficial Graduate Transcript, Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site)