From:
Brandon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2019 15:43:39 -0500
My colleague, Matt Desmond, is hiring a couple of postdocs for his Eviction
Lab.  I thought it might be interesting to some people on the list.  A note
from Matt and a link to the application is below.

Brandon

==========

We have just posted an ad for Postdoctoral Research Associates in the
Princeton Department of Sociology’s Eviction Lab. Here is the link:
https://puwebp.princeton.edu/AcadHire/apply/application.xhtml?listingId=10021
.

If you have any PhD students interested in statistics, big data, housing
insecurity, inequality, and/or public policy, please encourage them to
apply. We will be hiring 2 postdocs. This is a one year term position with
the possibility of renewal for a second year, based on funding and
performance.

The Eviction Lab is an interdisciplinary and multi-generational research
team who has built the first-ever national database of evictions in
America. We have validated, mapped, and published our data through an
interactive website (evictionlab.org). We are currently working on a large
number of studies on the prevalence, causes, and consequences of housing
displacement. Postdoctoral researchers will have access to novel and very
large datasets not publicly released. In the coming years, we will begin
several new initiatives, including a Joint Statistical Project with the
U.S. Census, involving the merging of over 80 million eviction records with
several administrative databases.There will be amble publication
opportunities.