From:
Guido Ropers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:52:15 +0100
On behalf of Prof. Dr. Thomas König I would like to draw your attention to the following call for applications for the EITM Europe Summer Institute 2017 in Torino:

Dear colleagues,
I am happy to announce the opening of applications for the 2017 EITM Europe Summer Institute. Like in previous years, the EITM 2017 will be taught by excellent colleagues from 24th June to 8th July. Compared to previous years, however, this year’s EITM will take place at the Collegio Carlo Alberto in Torino, Italy. Due to sponsorship we can offer stipends of 3.000-4.000 Euros, which cover tuition (max. 1.000 Euros) plus travel and accomodation. For more information see below or http://eitm.sowi.uni-mannheim.de/english/ <http://eitm.sowi.uni-mannheim.de/english/>.

The summer institute offers scholarly insights into the most recent developments on mixed methods approaches, including statistics, theories, and applications taught by leading scholars in four modules (plus a refresher course on mathematics and R). The first module on statistics from 26th until 28th (and the refresher from 24th until 25th) will be taught by James Lo (Princeton University), the theoretical module from June 29th until July 1st by Thomas Bräuninger (University of Mannheim), the module on mixed methods from July 3rd until July 5th by Macartan Humphreys (Columbia University), and the module on mixed methods for the study of international cooperation from July 6th until July 8th by Patrick Bayer (University of Glasgow).

The tuition for the whole summer institute from 24th of June until 8th of July is max. 1.000 €. If participants want to join only a shorter period, the tuition is 300 € per module. Applications can be submitted until April, 30th. To apply please use the online application form of the Essex Summer School (http://essexsummerschool.com/application/ <http://essexsummerschool.com/application/>).

Moreover, we are happy to announce that we can offer sponsorships of max 3.000 € each for participants from European universities outside Italy and sponsorships of max 4.000 € each for participants from universities outside Europe in collaboration with the Network for the Advancement of Social and Political Studies (NASP). For these sponsorships, applicants must apply separately to the NASP Young Investigator Training Program in Political Studies, which received financial support from ACRI and will be soon advertised. Please note that recipients of these sponsorships will be requested to take part in other NASP research activities, which will be organized before and after the summer institute. For information about the NASP Program, please contact [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Applications for scholarships should be submitted with a motivation letter and CV to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best Thomas König