From:
Rebecca B Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 12:27:52 +0400
Dear Colleagues

NYU Abu Dhabi is recruiting!  We have Open Rank faculty positions in
political science as well as attractive postdoctoral scholar positions. For
information on the faculty positions and to apply, click here
<http://apply.interfolio.com/68225>.  For information on the Postdoctoral
positions and to apply, click here <https://apply.interfolio.com/66364>.
Below is some boilerplate information about us, but if you have any
questions please don't hesitate to contact me.  We will consider
applications on a rolling basis, but we will begin looking at applications
for faculty positions Sept. 23rd and the postdoctoral applicants Oct. 1st.

Boilerplate:
NYU Abu Dhabi's unique location in the Middle East makes it an ideal
headquarters for social scientists working to better understand global
societies, both past and present. The disciplines in this field seek to
deepen our understanding of how people behave in a wide variety of contexts
and to assess the consequences of individual, group, and societal
decisions.

NYU Abu Dhabi is a pioneer of higher education in a global world, dedicated
to excellence in teaching and research, while advancing cooperation and
progress on humanity’s shared challenges. Part of the NYU global network,
NYU Abu Dhabi offers an outstanding liberal arts and science education to
students from the United Arab Emirates, United States, and around the
world, focusing on intercultural understanding and leadership. It supports
innovative research that pushes the frontiers of knowledge forward and
responds in powerful and interdisciplinary ways to vital global and local
questions. NYU Abu Dhabi advances NYU as a model university for the 21st
century and contributes in multiple ways to the development of a
sustainable, knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi.

As an international center of excellence in teaching and research, our goal
is to attract outstanding faculty who are leaders in their fields,
encouraging them to create programs that draw outstanding students, and
providing an intellectually rich environment. Students are drawn from
around the globe, surpassing all traditional academic benchmarks. The NYU
Abu Dhabi undergraduate student body has garnered an impressive record of
scholarships, graduate-school appointments, and many other honors.

A world-class institution deserves world-class benefits. At NYUAD, we
recognize that Abu Dhabi is more than where you work, it’s your home and in
order for you to research, teach, and thrive, we’re offering a
comprehensive benefits package to our top talent. Start with generous
relocation allowances to ensure a smooth transition to Abu Dhabi, followed
by competitive salaries, housing and transportation allowances, and
educational assistance for your dependents. Health and wellness services
round out our offerings, plus more. Click here
<https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/careers/working-at-nyuad.html> for more
information on benefits for you and your dependents.

Becky

Rebecca B. Morton
Associate Dean, Division of Social Science, NYUAD
Director, Social Science Experimental Laboratory, NYUAD
Professor of Politics, New York University NYC and Abu Dhabi