From:
Teppei Yamamoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:32:16 -0500
Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the 36th Annual Meeting of the Society
for Political Methodology (PolMeth XXXVI) is now accepting proposals.
The meeting will be hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and
will take place at the Samberg Conference Center on July 18-20, 2019.

This year, we are continuing the new meeting format that was introduced
and overwhelmingly positively received at last year's meeting, with
several modifications based on the feedback. Specifically:

1) We welcome both proposals that focus on methodological innovations,
and proposals that apply cutting-edge methods to empirical problems of
substantive interest.

2) We will have two formats for paper presentations: regular
presentation and short presentation sessions. A regular presentation
session will feature a single paper with 40-minute oral presentation,
followed by a discussion and Q&A. A short presentation session will
contain two papers sharing a common theme, and (unlike APSA panels) each
paper presentation will be immediately followed by a brief dedicated
discussion and Q&A.

3) We will hold "Emerging Scholars Panels" that will feature
presentations by junior scholars and scholars from groups
underrepresented in political methodology. These panels will be
moderated by senior scholars and will occur during the main conference.

The Society for Political Methodology is fully committed to fostering
diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our impact as a subfield --
from our ability to communicate our findings and to speak to a broad
audience to our ability to consider the breadth of methodological
possibilities -- comes through diversity, and we actively seek and
welcome people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We
are making various efforts to fulfill our commitment to diversity at
this year's meeting: Please see the conference website for more specific
information.

https://polmeth.mit.edu/diversity-inclusion

We require that all participants acknowledge and follow the Code of
Conduct at SPM Events to ensure a harrassment-free environment at the
meeting. You will be asked to confirm your agreement in the application
form. You can read the Code of Conduct on the SPM's website.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/spm/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion/code-of-conduct-at-spm-events

You should apply NOW if you are:

	- Faculty who want to present papers or posters
	- Faculty volunteering to discuss
	- Faculty who simply want to attend
	- Junior faculty who want to be considered for limited funding
	- Graduate students who want to present a poster

You can access the application submission form through the following link:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/spm/register

The deadline for applications is March 29. This deadline is firm. Late
applications will not be considered.

IF YOU ARE A GRADUATE STUDENT: You must have your application supported
by a faculty recommendation. These recommendations are submitted through
a webform and must be completed by the application deadline (March 29).
They are typically 2 to 4 paragraphs in length and discuss the student’s
poster proposal, methodological training, and any other information that
would be relevant for the Program Committee. We strongly encourage you
to give your recommenders as much advance notice as possible, and inform
them of the March 29  deadline.

The registration fee for the conference will be $275 for SPM members
($225 if you are a student) and $300 for non-members ($250 for a student).

If you have questions or concerns, please contact the conference
organizers at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to receiving your applications!

Sincerely,

Teppei Yamamoto

The PolMeth XXXVI Program Committee Chair, on behalf of its members
(Pamela Ban, Justin Esarey, Jay Goodliffe, Jennifer Pan, Ludovic
Rheault, Betsy Sinclair, and Ariel White)

Teppei Yamamoto

Director, MIT Political Methodology Lab (PML)
Associate Professor of Political Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

http://web.mit.edu/teppei/www/