From:
Benoit Rihoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2013 08:10:37 +0200
/Round e-mail -- apologies for cross-postings / Envoi collectif --
désolé si messages croisés/
*****/*

Hello/bonjour,
Please find below the infos and links about the 3rd ECPR Winter School
in Methods & Techniques (Vienna, 14-21 February), which offers 32
courses on a broad diversity of methods at introductory/intermediate and
advanced levels. Note the 'early bird' discount until 1 November.
Best regards/cordialement,
Prof. Benoît Rihoux
=================================

*ECPR Winter School in Methods and Techniques
**University of Vienna
14 – 21 February 2014*
*
*
A strong foundation in research methodology and techniques is essential
for political and social science students and the ECPR's Methods School
has been carefully designed to offer exactly that. It offers
high-quality, up-to-date training in a broad range of methods including:
qualitative interpretative methods; multilevel regression modelling;
advanced multi-method research; and much more. The full course outline
is available *here
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8739&l=-http--ecpr.eu/Events/PanelList.aspx--Q-EventID--E-17>*.

The *Winter School
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8740&l=-http--ecpr.eu/Events/EventDetails.aspx--Q-EventID--E-17>*features
introductory and advanced courses in a one-week format, with an
additional option to attend a software training course. If you are
interested in attending the Winter School please click *here
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8733&l=-http--ecpr.eu/MyEcpr/Forms/MethodsSchoolsRegistration.aspx--Q-EventID--E-17>*to
fill in the online form.
*
*
*Save €50 with our Early Bird discount offer*
For one month only, an early bird discount offer of €50 for students
from ECPR member institutions will be applied to all one week courses
(excluding software courses) that are paid for before midnight on *1
November 2013*.

Further details about the course fees, including the cancellation policy
can be found *here
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8657&l=-http--ecpr.eu/filestore/files/methodsschools/2014WS/CourseFees.pdf>*.
If you have any further queries check our handy*FAQs guide
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8738&l=-http--ecpr.eu/filestore/files/methodsschools/2014WS/FAQs.pdf>*
or contact Denise Chapman on +44 (0)1206 874115 or by email at
*[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>*
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>*
*
*Save even more with our **Loyalty discount offer*
If you attended either the 2013 Winter School in Vienna and/or the 2013
Summer School in Ljubljana, a loyalty discount of €50 will be
automatically deducted from your course fees (excluding software courses).
*
*
*What have past participants said*
/'This was my first course with the ECPR Method School, and based on my
experience I do not think it will be the last. It was extraordinary on
all levels: academic, professional and social. The amount of knowledge I
gained was by far very significant. Although the material was not easy,
I was able to enjoy it and credit goes to the instructors. /
/
/
/I got to meet and chat with several scholars and young professionals.
The exchange of ideas and the collaboration spirit were commendable.
//As for the social level, it was by all measures a blast. I made
friends, good friends, and most importantly, life-long friends and I
will never forget the amazing moments I spent with them. //I am sure all
this did not happen by chance. Thus I am grateful for the organising
committee, they did a great job.' /
/
/
*Ali Halawi*
*Concordia University, Canada*
*Funding is available for this event*
Each year, the ECPR awards around 200 grants to people belonging to its
Full Member institutions – a key membership benefit. Check your
institution's member status *here
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8735&l=-http--ecpr.eu/Membership/CurrentMembers.aspx>*to
find out if you are eligible to apply. There are grants up to €250
available towards travel and accommodation. If you meet all the
*eligibility criteria
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8734&l=-http--ecpr.eu/Funding/Default.aspx>*you
can apply for funding *here
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8736&l=-http--ecpr.eu/MyEcpr/Funding/FundingApplicationForm.aspx--Q-EventID--E-17>*.

Not a member? For a full list of member benefits please visit the
*website
<http://pr.ecprnet.eu/lt.php?c=391&m=378&nl=21&s=34a74967792669c9806f166d29714301&lid=8737&l=-http--ecpr.eu/Membership/MembershipBenefits.aspx>*. For
further information about funding, please contact Anna Foley at
*[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>*

*European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR)
University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex, *CO4 3SQ, *UK *

*www.ecpr.eu*