From:
Jens Hainmueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:41:02 +0000
Reminder: We will start reviewing applications for the post-doc position in our Immigration Policy Lab at Stanford by November 17. I am happy to answer any questions you might have about the position. Please forward to anybody you think might be interested. Thank you.

Best,

Jens

Jens Hainmueller, Professor, Stanford University and Immigration Policy Lab (IPL)

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, www.stanford.edu/~jhain<http://www.stanford.edu/~jhain>, www.immigrationlab.org<http://www.immigrationlab.org/>

Book me: http://www.meetme.so/jhain

Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immigration Policy Lab, Stanford University

Rank: Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Position: Stanford University is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join the Immigration Policy Lab (www.immigrationlab.org<http://www.immigrationlab.org/>). The Immigration Policy Lab conducts research that employs field and natural experimental methods to quantify the impacts of immigration and integration policies throughout the world. Using large datasets, creative research designs, and cutting-edge analytical tools, we bring new evidence to bear on the urgent problems practitioners face. By guiding the people who set public policy, as well as those who directly serve immigrant communities, our research can inspire solutions and ultimately improve lives.

The Immigration Policy Lab reorients academic training by placing postdocs in a hub of experiential research activity. Working side by side with faculty and professional staff, postdocs are fully immersed in an innovative research model that combines the efficiency and rigor of an academic lab with the energy and innovation of a civic-tech startup.

We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to join our team and help grow our exciting portfolio of projects related to immigrant and refugee integration in the United States, Europe and other regions throughout the world. The principal job of the postdoc will be to design and implement immigration policy evaluations and conduct rigorous quantitative analyses using advanced methods of causal inference under the supervision of Professors Jens Hainmueller, Jeremy Weinstein, and David Laitin. She or he will be involved in all aspects of the research, but with a particular emphasis on identification, survey design, data acquisition, data analysis and interpretation of results. Additionally, the postdoc will work closely with faculty, staff and partner organizations in developing and designing innovative policies and programs to pilot and evaluate. The postdoc will have the opportunity to co-author papers envisioned to appear in top journals that report on the results of the studies, work with an array of affiliated faculty from top institutions, and develop independent projects related to immigration policy evaluation.

Qualifications: The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will have completed a Ph.D. in a social science program, with a preference for Political Science, Economics, or Sociology. She or he should have a range of statistical skills including graduate level knowledge of program evaluation methods, data management, and data analysis. Experience in running and analyzing field experiments and/or conducting quasi-experimental program evaluations would be highly useful. Knowledge of immigration/refugee policy, with the ability to operate in a language other than English, will also be highly valued.

Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer. It welcomes nominations of, and applications from, women and members of minority groups, as well as others who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research missions.

Appointment: The initial appointment will be for one year beginning between January and June 2018, with an expected renewal for a second year contingent on satisfactory performance and funding. Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Benefits are provided.  Applications should include a cover letter, CV, graduate school transcripts, a writing sample and at least two letters of recommendation. Additional papers may be requested at a later date. Applicants should be prepared to complete a research design and data analysis exercise as part of the interview process. Applications will only be accepted through AcademicJobsOnline.com<http://academicjobsonline.com/> (https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/10036)  (ID 10036). Applications should be submitted by November 17, 2017, though applications may be considered after the deadline. Applicants who have questions about the position may contact the Executive Director of the Immigration Policy Lab, Duncan Lawrence directly ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Subject: Immigration Lab Postdoc 2017).

   Editors: Jonathan Homola  <[log in to unmask]>

               Michelle Torres     <[log in to unmask]>