From:
Stephanie Wykstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:55:26 -0400
Dear colleagues,

Earlier this year, we sent out a survey on replication in political science
to the PolMeth list. Our survey results, which we wrote up in a post on
the Monkey Cage blog (http://wapo.st/1dIs4v7), indicated quite a bit of
interest in a site to share replication studies.

Since then, we have created a site where replications can be shared, called
the Political Science Replication Initiative (
http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/psreplication).

A few notes on the site:

   - The site is open to anyone affiliated with a political science
   department. We have adopted community standards and guidelines for
   submissions. The submissions, while not peer-reviewed, will not be posted
   if they fail to follow these standards.
   - The repository is in Dataverse, where we also have the option
   of linking our repository to other Dataverses. To begin with, we have
   linked in about 100 replications by graduate students that were already in
   Dataverse.

We hope that you will encourage your students to share their replications
on the site this coming year, and that you will also consider posting your
own replications on the site.

We see this initiative as one way to encourage and spur discussion around
study replications. We hope that it will complement the broader effort
around research transparency and replication that is underway at journals
and APSA's DA-RT, and that it may be a part of interesting conversations on
these topics at the APSA meeting this week.

If you have any comments or suggestions, or if you wish to collaborate with
us on the initiative, please do get in touch at [log in to unmask]

Best,

Nicole Janz, PhD candidate and Social Science Methods Lecturer at Cambridge
University
Seth Werfel, PhD student, Political Science, Stanford University
Stephanie Wykstra, Research Consultant