From:
David Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 21:38:52 -0500
Hi all,
Please see below for the last call for proposals for the 2017 Behavioral
Models of Politics Conference at Duke. I'm sending this last one because
there has been one change and some new information. The change is that the
graduate workshop will now be only one day, Thursday May 18th, and it will
run all day. The new information is that all speakers to the workshop have
been fixed, and are listed in the revised call for proposals below. Please
note that the deadline is this Monday, March 13th, by the end of the day;
it will not be further extended. Hope to see you there!

*2017 BEHAVIORAL MODELS OF POLITICS CONFERENCE AT** DUKE UNIVERSITY*
*Submission Deadline: Mar 13, 2017 * *Graduate Workshop: May 18, 2017* *Main
Conference: May 19-20, 2017* *Submission Form
<https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dbqkzdorEpJz9lP>*

We are pleased to announce the *Fourth Behavioral Models of Politics
Conference*! It will be held at Duke University on May 19-20, 2017,
starting in the morning of May 19th and ending in the afternoon of May
20th. We aim to bring together scholars to discuss and share research
related to various ways that analytical models of politics can be broadened
to include “behavioral” concepts. (The first conference was held in Pittsburgh
in 2013 <http://www.polisci.pitt.edu/behavioralmodels>, the second at Duke
in 2014 <http://sites.duke.edu/2014bmp/>, and the third in Pittsburgh in
2016 <https://sites.google.com/site/behavioralmodels2016/home>.)

We welcome submissions using a wide variety of approaches, both theoretical
and empirical. Theoretical approaches might include behavioral game theory,
bounded rationality, adaptation and learning, and evolutionary models.
Empirical research might test or challenge conventional modeling
assumptions, identify the boundaries between rational and boundedly
rational behavior, or document empirical regularities that need to be
accounted for by behavioral models. We are also interested in papers that
apply experimental or computational neuroscientific approaches to political
decision-making as well as work in political psychology and behavior that
takes or speaks to an analytical or behavioral decision research approach.

We will also expand on last year's training opportunity for graduate
students and others who want to learn more about the methods involved in
behavioral modeling. We will offer a full day of training on May 18th
comprising 7 sequential one-hour sessions covering topics including lab and
field experiments, behavioral game theory, stochastic and computational
modeling, and psychological and cognitive approaches to decision-making.
Workshop leaders will be Liz Carlson, Eric Dickson, Rachel Kranton, Dave
Siegel, Mark Turner, Rick Wilson, and Jon Woon.  Lunch will be provided, as
well as a mentoring dinner that night that will include many workshop
speakers as well as additional senior faculty from the conference.

If you are interested in participating in the conference as a paper
presenter, discussant, or attendee, please fill out the submission form here
<https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dbqkzdorEpJz9lP>. Please also fill
out this form if you would like to only attend so that we can get an
accurate headcount. Attendance is free and food will be provided. We will
be able to cover travel and accommodations for a limited number of
individuals, with priority given to graduate students and postdocs; please
make sure to provide relevant information as requested on the form if you
are requesting funding.

The deadline for submissions is March 13, 2017, and we will notify
presenters of acceptances by March 20. Any questions should be sent to
[log in to unmask] or
Organizers:
David Siegel, Duke University
Jonathan Woon, University of Pittsburgh