From:
Matthias Orlowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2015 16:58:34 +0200
CALL for APPLICATIONS

for the position of a

Full Professor (W3) in Comparative Political Behavior

at the Department of Social and Political Sciences of the Faculty of
Humanities and Social Sciences at Humboldt-University Berlin.

Deadline for Applications: *June 10, 2015*

Reference Number: PR/006/15

The Department of Social and Political Sciences (Institut für
Sozialwissenschaften) is a bi-disciplinary department of Political
Science and Sociology committed to theoretically-motivated and
methodologically-grounded research on changing modern societies and the
transformation of their political institutions and democratic practices.

We seek an internationally outstanding candidate with a specialization
in comparative research on the political behavior of individual and
collective actors in the context of states and societies. We expect
potential for collaboration in at least one of our department's research
foci: social and political inequalities; migration and urbanity;
democracy and transformation; demography and labour markets; political
and social thought. This research should be carried out with an emphasis
on quantitative methods. The successful applicant has demonstrated
methodological and pedagogical competence and a willingness to
contribute to our BA and MA (in particular, in the teaching modules on
European and Comparative Politics as well as Methods) and to our
structured PhD program, the Berlin Graduate School of Social Sciences.

The applicants must meet the legal requirements for professorial
appointments in accordance with § 100 of the `Berliner Hochschulgesetz`.
HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and
teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to
apply. Researchers from abroad are welcome to apply. Several disabled
applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential
consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically
encouraged to apply.

Please send your application, and quoting the reference number
(PR/006/15), in electronic form to: Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Dean
of Faculty Humanities and Social Sciences, Prof. von Blumenthal,
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Your
application must include a curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and
documents and a list of publications.

Please visit our website www.hu-berlin.de/stellenangebote
<https://www.personalabteilung.hu-berlin.de/stellenausschreibungen/w3-professur-fuer-politisches-verhalten-im-vergleich>
which gives you access to the legally binding German version.

--
Matthias Orlowski

Comparative Politics
Department of Political and Social Sciences
Humboldt University Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
10099 Berlin
Germany

Office: Ziegelstr. 13c, 10117 Berlin, R326
Phone: +49 (030) 2093 4331