From:
Scott Macdonell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:28:20 -0500
Hello,
     I am looking for U.S. precinct-level data that includes

1: Which precincts are geographically next (near) to each other (within each
state).
2: Population within each precinct
3: Presidential vote returns in each precinct.

1: is the probably the toughest to find, and I realize I may only get an
approximation of what I'm looking for. Ideally, I'm envisioning an NxN table
for each state that indicates if a precinct shares a border with each other
precinct in the state. Barring that something like location information (GPS
coordinates...?) that would allow me to determine how close districts are to
each other could work out. The ideal data would have this information over
many presidential elections, but even 1 or 2 recent ones might be enough.

Also, I know another scholar who is looking for 1:, but by Congressional
district. If you could help either of us out, it would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
     Scott

--
http://sites.google.com/site/stmacdonell/