From:
Eike Rinke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:40:02 +0100
Dear colleagues,

I am preparing a project that involves international comparisons of social
unrest, civic engagement and social movements, especially in the developing
world and under non-democratic regimes. Coming from a different discipline I
have some difficulties finding useful datasets and kindly ask for your help
in this.

I have come across several datasets that track violent protest and incidents
of civil war (e.g., the Minorities at Risk (MAR), and the Armed Conflict
Location and Events Dataset (ACLED)), but I was less successful in finding
datasets that provide indicators of political dissidence, civic engagement,
and social movements more generally and I would be very thankful if you used
a minute to provide suggestions. Such datasets could contain individual- or
aggregate-level data.

Thank you very much in advance for help and bothering.

Best,
Eike Mark Rinke

------------------------------

Eike M. Rinke, M.A.
Research Associate
University of Mannheim
Department of Media and Communication Studies

Rheinvorlandstr. 5
68159 Mannheim
Germany

Tel: +49 (621) 181-3689