From:
Brian Schaffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2010 14:11:04 -0500
Scott is right. The CBS/New York Times generally does the delegate surveys
for both parties and I would imagine that this would be the best source of
data for the information you mentioned. I know that they definitely did
their surveys again in 2008, but I'm not certain whether the raw data have
been deposited at ICPSR or Roper yet.

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Scott McClurg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There have historically been surveys of conventional delegates (deposited
> with IPSR), but I'm sure who has been doing them recently.
>
> A network survey was administered this year by Micheal Heaney, Joanne
> Miller, Seth Maskett, and Dara Strolovich in 2008, but I couldn't assure
> you
> that the sample is random.  Here are some links to the papers, but your
> friend would have to contact the authors about the data:
>
> http://opensiuc.lib.siu.edu/pn_wp/33/
> http://opensiuc.lib.siu.edu/pn_wp/15/
>
> Best,
>
> scott
>

> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Robi Ragan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > An economist friend recently wrote me to ask if I knew where he could
> > obtain demographic information about the presidential nominating
> > conventions. Since I have no idea I thought I would ask the polMeth
> > hive mind.
> >
> > Specifically he is looking for:
> > a) number of men who attended 2008 Rep and/or Dem Natl Convention.
> > b) number of men who were married.
> >
> > Anyone have a lead on this sort of info?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Robi Ragan
> > Visiting Assistant Professor and Postdoctoral Fellow
> > Department of Political Science
> > Duke University
> > www.duke.edu/~rr75 <http://www.duke.edu/%7Err75> <
> http://www.duke.edu/%7Err75>

> >          http://polmeth.wustl.edu/polmeth.php

> --
>
> Scott D. McClurg
> Associate Professor of Political Science
> PN-L Moderator
> Department of Political Science
> Southern Illinois University
> Mailcode 4501