From:
John Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:56:04 -0400
Chris and colleagues,

This is indeed wonderful news, even if it might be a tad overstated.
In addition to Bob, who deserves Chris' call out, this is very strong
endorsement for all previous editors who built this from the ground
up, starting with Jim Stimson's first annual volume in 1989.  And, we
should specially recognize Neal's contribution.  His recruiting of
manuscripts and then his rigorous and detailed editing of them really
raised the quality and his negotiations with Oxford led us to where
we are now.  Our most sincere thank you's to all.