From:
Kristen Hudak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:01:54 -0400
American National Election Study and General Social Survey data is
readily available for download:

www.electionstudies.org/
http://www.norc.org/GSS+Website/

I have used these two in my quantitative techniques class and have
found that the wide variety of variables allow for many different
kinds of examples.  It may require some clean up or variable creation
to do everything you'd like to.

Also, there are many different useful datasets available through the
Roper Center or ICPSR in multiple formats.

Hope this helps!