From:
eric magar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:30:25 -0500
Have you read about IRT estimation? IRT models, developed for the
educational literature, are designed to infer some latent variable, in one
or more dimensions, from a series of related indicators. A discussion can be
found in Gelman and Hill's volume. Hope this is useful.

Eric Magar
Departamento de Ciencia Política
ITAM, México DF
+52 55 5628 4079