From:
Johan Hellstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:37:17 +0100
Carlos,

You could also possibly use a fixed effects vector decomposition procedure,
see Plumper, V., Troeger, V. E., 2007. Efficient estimation of
time-invariant and rarely changing variables in finite sample panel analyses
with unit fixed effects. Political Analysis, 15, 124-139.

Alternatively, if want to estimate random effects, the Hausman-Taylor
estimator might be useful to solve the problem Dan mentioned (i.e.
regressors correlated with unit-specific error terms).

Best,
Johan