From:
Nate Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:58:07 -0500
I would like to bring the following job opening to your attention:

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, seeks applications and nominations
for the Head of its Department of Political Science, beginning Fall
2008.  Applicants
should have scholarly and research credentials appropriate for appointment
at the rank of Professor.  We seek a nationally recognized scholar with
strong interpersonal and communication abilities, a commitment to support
quality teaching, and demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to
AA/EEO/Diversity.  The Department offers the B.A. degree in Political
Science, as well as MPA, M.A., and Ph.D. degrees.  We seek a Department Head
who will help us to continue to grow as we seek national prominence.  The
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the state's flagship research
institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a
premier graduate institution.  As a land-grant university, it is committed
to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement with society. Women
and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The university welcomes and
honors people of all races, creeds, cultures, and sexual orientations, and
values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge and academic freedom and
integrity. More information about the department is available at:
http://web.utk.edu/~polisci <http://web.utk.edu/%7Epolisci>. We ask that
applicants send a letter of interest, a vitae, and the names of four
references to:  Professor Scott Frey, Chair, Head Search Committee,
Department of Political Science, 1001 McClung Tower, University of
Tennessee, Knoxville, TN  37996-0410.  Review of applications will begin
March 14, 2008, and will continue until the position is filled.  *The
University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA
institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and
services.  All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.*

Cheers,

Nate

Nathan J. Kelly, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor