From:
Dustin Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:43:36 -0400
Dear Polmeth-

Please see the conference program for our Princeton Graduate Student
Conference on Interactive Decision Making at
http://www.princeton.edu/~decconf/program.htm and pasted below. We had a
number of submissions, and we have a really great program lined up.

We have some funding to wine and dine additional persons who would like to
attend the conference. If you would like to attend please send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the subject line "conference registration", and
do so asap. Registration will close Nov. 5th and we have limited space.

This invitation goes out to both faculty and graduate students. Faculty, if
you have graduate students that might be interested please forward this to
them. If anyone would like to come in from the non-metropolitan area and
needs accommodation, indicate this in your registration email and I can help
them arrange cheap arrangements.

best,
Dustin

*Princeton** Graduate Student Conference on Interactive Decision Making*

*November 21st and 22nd*

* *

*Friday, November 21st, **Green Hall Room 0-S-6*

10:00-10:15am: Welcoming remarks

*10:15-11:45am: Panel One – Communication*

"Group versus Individual Rationality Attainment: A Comparison using the
Two-Person Beauty Contest Game" -  Eileen Chou, Northwestern University

"Who will moderate the moderators? A field experiment to analyze the effect
of moderators in deliberative settings." - Paolo Spada, Yale University

"An Interactive Tool To Optimally Aggregate Crowd Wisdom" - Rebecca Weiss,
MIT

*1:00-2:30pm: Panel Two – Uncertainty*

"Ambiguity and Vagueness in the Announcement (Bernanke) Game: An
Experimental Study of Natural Language" -  Marina Agranov, NYU

"Bargaining Under Uncertainty: a Strategic Random Utility Model of the
Ultimatum Game" - Stephen R. Haptonstahl, Washington University

"An Experimental Investigation of Auction Fever" - Peter McGee, Ohio State
University

*2:45-4:15pm: Panel Three - Public Goods*

"Common Property Endowments in the Trust Game: Experimental Evidence from
Bulgaria" -  Eric A. Coleman, Indiana University

"An Experimental Investigation of Delegation, Voting, and the Provision of
Public Goods" - John Hamman, Carnegie Mellon University

"The Role of Institutions in Providing Public Goods and Preventing Public
Bads: Evidence From a Field Experiment in Rural Kenya" - Ryan Sheely, Yale
University

*4:30-6:00pm: Keynote Address - Daniel Kahneman*

*Saturday, November 22st, 300 Wallace Hall*

*9:00-10:30am: Panel Four – Fairness*

"An Experimental Study of Fair Division" -  Anna Bassi, NYU

"Ethics and Strategic Intermediation" - Lucas Coffman, Harvard University

"A Good/Bad Asymmetry in Interpersonal Allocation Decisions" - Alexander L.
Davis, Carnegie Mellon University

*10:45-12:15pm: Panel Five – Policy*

"Towards an Improved Methodology in Analyzing Corruption: Insights from
Citizen Responses to Corrupt Practices across Countries" -  Sheheryar
Banuri, University of Texas at Dallas

"Incentive design for teachers: Experimental evidence from India" -  Tarun
Jain, University of Virginia

"Self-interest and altruism in a group vaccination game" - Jeffrey T.
Vietri, Rutgers University

*12:30-2:00pm: Methodology Keynote - Kosuke Imai (lunch provided)*

Dustin Tingley
Politics Department
Princeton University
http://www.princeton.edu/~dtingley/