From:
Thomas Carsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:24:44 -0400
Hi folks,

Just a reminder about UNC's methods job (See ad below) and
our upcoming deadline of Oct. 10th.  We hope to move fairly
quickly.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tom

-------------AD PASTED BELOW-------------------

The Department of Political Science at the University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill invites applications for a
tenure-track position in quantitative methods and/or formal
theory at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning in the
Fall Semester 2009. Candidates are expected to have strong
technical skills and to offer courses in advanced methods at
the graduate level. We are particularly interested in a
scholar who combines an active research agenda in political
methodology with applications to substantive problems in
political science. Please submit a letter of application
describing research and teaching interests, a curriculum
vitae, a sample of current research, and four letters of
recommendation. The University of North Carolina at Chapel
Hill is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer
and educator. Review of applications will begin October 10,
2008 and will continue until the position is filled. To
apply for the position, please follow this link:
http://hr.unc.edu/jobseekers/search.htm and click on “open
positions” under the EPA Faculty Positions heading. Under
the department drop down menu, select Political Science and
the position title “All.” Click the “apply now” button and
create a new applicant profile. Please attach your cv and
sample of current research on this site. Your letter of
application and four letters of recommendation should be
mailed to: Chair, Methods Search Committee, Department of
Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel
Hill, CB# 3265, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3265. Departmental
contact person is Shannon Eubanks and the department web
address is http://www.unc.edu/depts/polisci.
--

Thomas M. Carsey, Thomas J. Pearsall Distinguished Professor